No. 16 Kentucky (24-8) vs. No. 4 Tennessee (31-2)
At a decidedly orange-tinted Bridgestone Arena …
- UK trails 85-60 with 3:09 to play. Game over awhile ago.
- Tennessee has just reached its mark for most three-pointers in a game (ever) with 15. There are still four minutes to go and UK trails 83-58.
- The Vols are hitting 82.4 percent from three-point range and have UK in a large 74-53 hole with 7:20 to go.
- UT hits yet another three-pointer (now 12 of 13) and Mitchell calls a timeout with Cats trailing 60-42 with 13:06 left.
- Tennessee had made 11 of 12 three-pointers and leads 53-38 with 15 minutes to play.
- There have been nearly as many fouls called in this half as there were all of the first half. Mitchell has nearly been T’d up and the Cats are down 53-36 with 15:47 to go.
- Mathies just picked up two crazy quick fouls and she sits with 17:47 to play and UK trailing 44-32.
- Tennessee opens the second half with five straight points and has a 44-30 lead with 18:52 left in the game.
- HALFTIME: TENNESSEE 39, KENTUCKY 30: Cats cut it to one point with 4:20 to go in the first half and then the Lady Vols used a 9-1 run to take a 39-30 lead into the break.
- UK has 15 points off turnovers and is outrebounding a much bigger UT 17-14.
- Even though I’m watching the game, it’s not clear to me how UK is still in this. But it is, down 30-29 with 3:57 to play and the ball. The Cats could go up on this possession.
- Kentucky went six minutes without a field goal (and missed 11 shots) but hustle plays have kept the Cats in it. They trail 27-22 with 7:23 left.
- UK has missed its last eight shots (Tennessee is forcing fast shots) and the Vols have a 19-14 lead with 11:56 to go in the first half. There is a key player in foul trouble for both teams in Stricklen and Mathies.
- Cats and Vols knotted at 13-13 with 15:54 to go in the first half. UK has forced four UT turnovers and scored four points off of them.