Live courtside at Bridgestone Arena for the second Southeastern Conference semifinal game between No. 16 Kentucky and Vanderbilt. The winner of this game will meet fourth-ranked Tennessee, an 82-58 winner over Georgia in the first semifinal.
- Sorry deadline writing to do. Cats up 66-54 with 14 seconds left. Game over.
- This may not be over yet. With 4:40 to play Cats lead only 11 points 56-45.
- Mathies has been sitting next to UK’s trainers for a long bit. She has been having back pain and is questionable to return. UK is up 55-40 with 5:09 to play.
- Vanderbilt looks more like Vanderbilt early in the second half, but Cats still have a 44-20 advantage with 15:15 to play.
- HALFTIME – UK 33, VANDERBILT 11: Cats surge out to a 22-2 lead to open the half and haven’t looked back. The 11 points by the Commodores is a season low for them in a half and a season low for a UK opponent in a half. Puleo’s three-pointer at the first half buzzer saved VU from having an SEC Tournament low for points in a half.
- With 3:11 to play in the first half, UK has a 23-8 lead, but the Cats haven’t had a field goal in six minutes and 30 seconds. Vandy has 15 turnovers.
- Vandy went nearly 10 minutes without scoring before Elan Brown’s putback with 9:18 to play. Cats still up 22-6 with 7:06 to play. Cats have scored 12 points off of 12 Commodores turnovers.
- The UK lead balloons to 22-2 after back-to-back Dunlap buckets. Vanderbilt hasn’t scored in 10 minutes.
- Kentucky has scored 18 straight and has an 18-2 run. Vanderbilt has turned the ball over 10 times in nine minutes.
- UK seems quite focused with an 11-2 lead with 14:13 to play. Vandy has made just one of its five shot attempts.
- Cats grab 7-2 lead in the first four minutes and Vandy coach calls a timeout to regroup. The Commodores have turned the ball over five times.
- Kentucky: Dunlap, Henderson, Mathies, Snowden, Pinkett
- Vanderbilt: Tuomi, Clarke, Puleo, Lister, Rhoads
- UK won both regular-season matchups over the Commodores, a 78-68 win in Lexington and then an 80-71 victory at Memorial Gymnasium on Feb. 20. That was UK’s first win at the Commodores’ home since 1986.