No. 15 Kentucky (18-4, 7-2 SEC) vs. No. 4 Tennessee (21-2, 9-0 SEC)
- Tennessee is going to crawl away with this one. It’s 69-65 with 25 seconds to go.
- Cats trail 65-61 with 3:20 left. Both teams look pretty much exhausted.
- Tennessee extends its lead to 56-53 with 7:54 left in the game. Henderson has just picked up her fourth foul, leaving UK with a much smaller lineup for a few minutes. UK is being outrebounded 39-19.
- The big Vols run ended up being 16-2, which gave them a 48-37 lead. Cats have responded and back-to-back Mathies three-pointers have UK within a point, 54-53 with 9:42 to play.
- Tennessee is now in the middle of a 14-2 run and has a 46-38 edge with 14:09 left in the game.
- Attendance is 7,126, a season high.
- The Vols used an 8-0 run to take their largest lead of the game 40-36. Mathies stopped the scoring drought with her cut through the lane and she will head to the free throw line after this break. Cats trail 40-38 with 15:17 to play.
- HALFTIME: KENTUCKY 33, TENNESSEE 30: Dunlap has 16 points to lead UK at the break. Tennessee has turned the ball over 17 times.
- Tennessee has turned the ball over 15 times, which is its average per game and there’s still 2:47 left until halftime. The Lady Vols have a 26-25 lead and are shooting 50 percent from the field.
- UK clings to a slim 18-16 lead with 7:50 before the break.
- UT ties it 12-12 on a Simmons 15-footer before UK scores four straight in transition and makes Summitt burn a timeout. UK up 16-12 with 11:02 left in first half.
- Kentucky has scored seven straight and has an 11-4 lead over the Lady Vols with 15:42 to play in the first half. Dunlap had UK’s first seven points, including a made three-pointer. It’s a pretty electric atmosphere here.
- Kentucky has won seven in a row and four straight at Memorial Coliseum, where it hasn’t beaten a top 10 team since 2000. The Cats have won two of the past three over the Lady Vols in Lexington.
- Tennessee has won 12 in a row and is unbeaten (9-0) in the conference. It leads the SEC in nearly every statistical category, including scoring, field goal percentage, three-point percentage, rebounding margin and blocked shots. The Lady Vols are winning games by an average of 25 points a game.