No. 19 Kentucky (11-4) vs. South Carolina (9-7)
UK tries to put an end to a three-game losing streak.
- Kentucky is up 58-47 with 4:30 to play.
- USC led by as many as seven points early in the second half before UK used an 8-2 run fueled by Mathies and Dunlap to get within a point. A Bernisha Pinkett three-pointer with 12:30 to play gave UK its first lead of the half 46-45. Right now the Cats are up 48-45 with 10:24 left in the game.
- With 15:48 to play, UK trails 39-36 after a 6-2 run.
- The Gamecocks come out of the half looking like the hungrier team, scoring the first four points and causing Matthew Mitchell to call a timeout down 37-30 less than two minutes in.
- Markeshia Grant goes nearly coast to coast and hits a layup as the first half expires to give the Gamecocks a 33-30 lift going into the half. UK’s offense looks much better tonight. It is hitting 53.8 percent from the field. Dunlap leads the Cats with 10 points and seven rebounds. Ieasia Walker leads USC with 10 points.
- Valerie Nainima nails an 18-footer as the shot clock expires to halt a 7-0 UK run. The two teams are tied 28-28 with 2:53 left in the first half.
- South Carolina leads 22-21 after Walker’s putback with 6:46 remaining in first half. USC and UK have been trading baskets for the better part of the past four minutes.
- UK scores six unanswered and South Carolina requests a timeout. The lead is 13-9 with 13:02 to play in the first half.
- Kentucky trails 7-4 with 15:43 to go in first half. Dunlap has both of UK’s buckets.
- New starting lineup again for UK: Dunlap, Mathies, Evans, Morrow and Henderson.