No. 14 Kentucky (5-1) vs. Tennessee Tech (5-1)
UK senior forward Victoria Dunlap, who injured her knee during the Louisville loss on Sunday, warmed up with the team before the game and appears to be fine. She’s not even wearing a brace on it. If you’re not making a late break for Memorial Coliseum, please check back here regularly for a live blog.
- UK has a 62-42 lead with 7:34 to go in the game. Hayes just fouled out for the Eagles as well. The Cave City native ends the day with 13 points and eight rebounds.
- Kentucky has a 54-41 lead with 11 minutes to go. Dunlap has a new season high with 26 points to go with her six rebounds and three assists.
- Cats have 45-35 lead with 15:48 to play in the game. Dunlap has 22 points and six rebounds.
- Drake is back to start the second half.
- Samantha Drake took a shot to the forehead late in the first half and is having her right eye evaluated by the training staff.
- Tennessee Tech scores 12 straight and get within six points in the final 10 seconds of the first half. Dunlap hits a 15-foot turnaround jumper to give Kentucky a 39-31 advantage at the break. Kylie Cook leads the Eagles with 11 points. Hayes has nine points and five boards. Dunlap leads Kentucky with 18 points and five rebounds.
- Eagles score seven straight and get within 11 points, 37-26, prompting an agitated Matthew Mitchell to call a timeout with 1:40 to play in half. Out of the timeout, Tech forces a UK shot clock violation.
- Cats lead 37-21 with 3:23 to play in the first half. Hayes is back in the game despite her three fouls and she has four points for Tech. UK is led by Dunlap’s 16 points, five rebounds and three assists. Everyone who is eligible and uninjured on UK’s bench has played already.
- Dunlap has 16 points and five rebounds with 6:49 left in the half and UK leading 32-15. The reigning SEC player of the year now owns sole possession of the third place on Kentucky’s all-time rebounding list.
- Tennessee Tech coach calls a timeout after a 9-0 UK run gives the Cats a 25-10 advantage with 9:40 to play. The Eagles’ star player and Kentucky native Tacarra Hayes is sitting after picking up her third foul.
- With 11:44 to play in first half, Cats lead 16-5 and the Golden Eagles have missed nine of their first 10 shots so far. UK got its three-pointer, from Dunlap, her first of the season.
- Kentucky leads 11-3 behind seven points from Dunlap with 15:56 to go in the first half. Tech is daring UK to shoot the outside shot and UK has obliged, so far going 0-for-5.
- UK has changed the starting lineup again and is starting three freshmen. This time it’s A’dia Mathies, Maegan Conwright, Kastine Evans, Samantha Drake and Dunlap.