First day of women’s basketball at Memorial Coliseum: Kentucky against Kentucky Wesleyan
- UK wins 99-55 over Kentucky Wesleyan behind
- Cats up 91-52 with two minutes to play. Only Barnette, Morrow and O’Neill have yet to score for UK.
- Kourtney Rhoads’ three-pointer ends the Panthers’ scoreless drought with 7:37 to go and UK’s run was 34-0.
- Kentucky has a 32-0 run going here and leads 79-42 with 9:20 to go.
- With 10:50 to go, UK leads 75-42.
- Cats currently on a 24-0 run and lead 71-42.
- Attendance today at Memorial is 1,747
- A 9-0 Kentucky run gives the Cats a more comfortable 56-42 advantage.
- Out of the gate at halftime, Wesleyan goes on an 7-2 run and Mitchell calls a timeout with the Cats’ lead trimmed to five points 47-42.
- HALFTIME: Kentucky 45, Kentucky Wesleyan 35. Dunlap has 14 points, six rebounds and two steals to lead UK. For the Panthers, Kristen Rowe has 12 points. The Cats have scored 28 points off 20 Panthers turnovers.
- Kentucky Wesleyan gets two quick layups and Matthew Mitchell calls a frustrated timeout. Cats still lead 41-29 with 1:53 to go in the first half.
- Maegan Conwright has been moved to point guard on several possessions because starter Crystal Riley has two early fouls. Others sitting with foul issues are Pinkett and Drake. Mathies also has taken over point guard duties from time to time.
- Kentucky has its largest lead of the game 41-25 on a three-pointer in the corner from freshman guard Kastine Evans. The Panthers have 16 turnovers, which UK has converted into 26 points.
- UK has seen a 10-point lead cut to five twice in the past couple minutes. As expected, the Cats look much better with Victoria Dunlap in the game. She has 10 points and four rebounds so far.
- With 10:49 to play in first half, Cats lead 25-16. The biggest thing of note is the last sub off the bench is high school All-American Jennifer O’Neill. She just subbed in for Carly Morrow to see her first action.
Kentucky’s starters: Victoria Dunlap, A’dia Mathies, Crystal Riley and newcomers Samantha Drake and Bernisha Pinkett